Tuesday 6 November 2012

A True Friend


Friends, one of those pieces without which, life would literally cease to have any meaning. They come and go as time keeps pushing us ahead. It is funny how easily we build relationships with people, in our schools, colleges, in our workplaces, and how easily we lose touch. Only a few stay, and fewer is the number with whom we can connect at a very personal level.

I am lucky to have one such friend. To whom I can express my every feeling, and believe me you, this friend can be the best friend, philosopher and guide one can have. I am talking about someone called “MUSIC”.

A few hours back, I sat down to play my guitar a little, and this thought struck my mind. It’s amazing how music is there for all our moods, for every moment of our lives. Whatever I might be feeling, when I take out my guitar, and strum those strings for the first time, it somehow, in a magical way comes out with a sound which fit my present mind set, as if to understand what I am feeling.

Be it at a party with yours crazy friends, or be it when you are sitting on a rooftop, segregated from the whole world, when you need someone to understand you, music is always there. True, music is not an individual entity, it is created by individuals, but somehow music, the songs, tracks or whatever you may call it, can have a personality of its own. It is there with you when you feel like head banging your head off your shoulder, or when you are with your special person, and you need someone to help you win her over.

It is beautiful, this thing we call music.

 Life’s road is not that easy,

It is there to make the rough road of life, that much smoother.    

2 comments:

  1. Music's a true friend...and u truly possess it :)
    Not only am I a fan of the musician you, I am becoming a fan of the kind of stuff you express too now!

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete